We will investigate the adoption of learning techniques and other AI methods for enhanced safety and rail automation. Specific objectives are:
- To study the transferability of classical and novel approaches basing on the available results from rail and other transportation sectors.
- To develop pilot case studies in specific operational scenarios, according to the outcomes of literature review and exploiting the support of the Advisory Board of industries and experts.
- To develop AI-based approaches and solution to address the problems and the challenges proposed in the case studies.
- To define evaluation criteria for the specific operational scenarios.
- To ensure a deep insight into the possible use of AI for the next future railway applications.